My Favorite Places to Camp on the East Coast.
Four great getaways along the East Coast include places from New York to North Carolina. I have chosen four areas that make great weekend getaways or make great vacations for couples, individuals, or families. Each of these places serves its purpose for rest as well as pleasure, adventure, and new things to experience.
A beautiful place to visit in New York is a place called Chautauqua Institution. Chautauqua Institution is a gated community where visitors can experience the arts, philosophy recreation, and religion. There is a multitude of entertainment within the gated community from concerts to lectures to opera. The season of events during the summer runs for nine weeks. People stay in beautiful century-old homes within the community or nearby hotels or cottages around Chautauqua Lake. It is a beautiful location and a beautiful vacation for an individual, couple, family, or group of friends.
Another excellent place for a weekend getaway or more extended vacation is Niagara Falls, also in New York. It is considered the honeymoon capital of the world and one of the seven wonders of the world. Just walking around and seeing the Falls can take all day or more but there are several other attractions at the Falls including a ride on The Maid Of The Mist. This is the boat that takes you right down into the mist under the Falls and is an excellent experience. A huge Casino brings thousands of people to Niagara Falls to try their luck on the slot machines. Several marriages take place in the beautiful gardens surrounding the Falls. There are several places to stay, and the nightlife is plentiful as well.
>> You may also like: 15 Campfire Games for Adults And Kids. <<
Traveling further south along the east coast brings us to Williamsburg, Virginia. What a beautiful, historic place. While visiting Colonial Williamsburg the experience will make you feel as if you’ve been taken back in time as you walk through what it must have been like in years gone by. People even dress and play the part of people in colonial times to make it seem real. Also in Williamsburg is Busch Gardens where families love to spend time. Jamestown, Virginia is close by and another great historical place to visit with replicas of the Mayflower, huge Tepees, and other historical reenactments. And if your family likes water, don’t miss the water park located very close to Williamsburg, Virginia. A short drive takes you to a day at Virginia Beach as well.
Even further south you will find a fantastic sight when visiting the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The sand dunes are the most fantastic sight. Climbing the dunes and seeing nothing but sand for miles and miles is a breathtaking experience. Just walking or climbing is excellent, but some several take photos, fly kites, and make sand angels like you would snow angels. Another great thing about the Outer Banks, of course, is the beaches. Not only are they great for sunbathing but you may even see a wild horse as wild horses run along the beaches in some regions of the outer banks.
>> You may also like My Favorite Places to Camp on the East Coast. <<
Pristine beaches and some of the best shopping outside of Manhattan have made Southhampton a desirable beach destination for years. Northern enough to keep the worst of the summer heat away, it’s a great location for anybody looking to relax while on the beach.
Related Post: 5 best places to camp in the midwest.
There are many MORE great places to camp on the East Coast of the United States, depending on your interests and the type of camping experience you are looking for. Here are a few options to consider:
- Acadia National Park: Located in Maine, Acadia National Park offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and rustic cabins. The park is known for its stunning coastal scenery, hiking trails, and recreational activities such as biking and rock climbing.
- Shenandoah National Park: Located in Virginia, Shenandoah National Park offers over 500 miles of trails, waterfalls, and breathtaking mountain views. The park has several campgrounds to choose from, including sites for tents, RVs, and group camping.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Located in Tennessee and North Carolina, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to a wide range of plant and animal life, as well as historic sites and cultural exhibits. The park has a number of campgrounds with sites for tents, RVs, and group camping.
- Assateague Island National Seashore: Located in Maryland and Virginia, Assateague Island National Seashore is a 37-mile long barrier island with beautiful beaches, marshes, and forests. The park has a campground with sites for tents and RVs, as well as rustic cabins.
- Cape Cod National Seashore: Located in Massachusetts, Cape Cod National Seashore offers miles of sandy beaches, dunes, and forests, as well as historic sites and recreational activities such as swimming, fishing, and hiking. The park has a number of campgrounds with sites for tents and RVs.
These are just a few of the many great places to camp on the East Coast. Other popular options include the Adirondack Mountains in New York, the White Mountains in New Hampshire, and the Appalachian Mountains in Georgia and North Carolina.