5 Best Lightweight Dual Axle Travel Trailers
If you are thinking to buy a lightweight travel trailer then you should ensure that the weight of travel trailer should be under 5000 pound Gross Vehicle Weight Rating because there are many trailers available that come under 5000-pound category but it is dry weight and when you add cargo on them.
The overall weight will increase. However, you can still choose many lightweight dual axle travel trailer that comes under 5000 GVWR range.
Let’s check it out top 5 best lightweight dual axle travel trailer available in the market.
1. KZ Sportsmen Classic Travel Trailer
- 7 varieties of floor plans are available.
- It comes with a 12-year warranty
- Alum tough roofing
- Air conditioner (8000BTU)
- Furnace (20000BTU)
- Solar prep
- Speakers2. Forest River R-Pod travel trailer:
Video Overview: 2019 Sportsmen Classic 181 BH by KZ
Forest River R-Pod
- 9 varieties of floor plans
- Electric brakes (self-adjusting)
- CO, LO, and smoke detectors
- Hardwood and ball bearing drawers.
- Safety glass tinted widow
> You may also like:45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer<<
3. Clipper Ultra-Lite travel trailer
- 13 varieties of floor plans are available.
- 100% residential type linoleum
- Furnace (20000 BTU)
- Safety windows (tinted)
- Skylight over bathroom
- Rear and front diamond plat protection.
Video Overview: 2015 Coachmen Clipper Ultra-Lite Travel Trailer – Wilkins RV
4. Keystone Passport travel trailer
- 31 variety of floor plans available
- Exterior pass (lighted) via storage compartment
- Oversized sink with the cover.
> You may also like:Worst 5th Wheel Brands to Avoid <<
Stream Vista Cruiser travel trailer
- 10 variety of floor plan available.
- Safety widow (black tinted)
- Laminated countertops
- Power Awning
- Medicine cabinet with the mirror.
- LED lights on every door bottom line: In the brief, lightweight travel trailer is very easy to handle and affordable for users. That is why it becomes the first choice of RVs lovers who wants to travel with ease.
What travel trailers are the lightest?
One major factor to weigh upon while in the market for an RV is the weight of the unit. Although purchasing a travel trailer will automatically warrant the purchase of a tow vehicle, it is not much of a necessity.
There is some lightweight Dual Axle Travel Trailer available in the market that features ultra-lightweight characteristic for users who would like to use their current vehicles to tow their camper or those who would not want to spend a lot hiring a tow truck. This category of trailers include:
- TAXA Outdoors Tigermoth travel Trailer
- Forest River Rockwood Geo Pro
- Joyco Hummingbird
- Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro
- Aliner Ascape
Can you add a second axle to a single axle trailer?
If you want to add a second axle to a single axle trailer, you can do so, but there are a few things which you should consider.
Adding a second axle will double the axle capacity of your trailer, but the frame and the coupler will remain with a single capacity, and this will cause an imbalance in the functionality of your trailer.
Confirm with your trailer engineer if the frame in your trailer has the ability to support the extra load.
Is a twin axle caravan easier to tow?
Typically, a larger and heavier twin axle caravans are easier to tow because they are more stable than single axle caravans.
Maneuvering them when returning to storage or when pitching a site is the real task. The shape and size of the trailer will also factor in.
Do trailer axles have a bend?
Trailer axles typically have a bend which helps to compensate for the vertical load that they bear so that they can still have the proper wheel chamber.
This ensures that whenever weight is loaded, the axle flattens out and the wheels are correctly aligned.
What is the most expensive travel trailer?
It goes without saying that the most expensive trailers also more than worthy of being described as premium travel trailers.
Today, luxury travel trailer shopper are spoilt for choice since there are very many available in the market.
The most expensive travel trailer at the moment is the Grand Design Reflection Travel Trailer.
If you can open a dictionary right now, this travel trailer fits the definition of grandeur.
It features a total of five-floor plans to choose from, an unloaded weight of almost 9000 pounds and a sleeping capacity of up to ten people.
This series travel trailer is an excellent example of the combination of style and substance.
What is the average weight of a 24-foot travel trailer?
In average, a 24-foot camper trailer weighs approximately 5,200 pounds or 2, 350 kilos. This is dry weight meaning that it is the total weight of the trailer when it has no gear and when its tanks are empty.
It is expected to add approximately 1,500 pounds of both water and gear to get the real world weight.
> You may also like: 25 Best National Parks in the USA <<