RV Painting Cost: 6 Tips to Decreasing It.
RV painting is a costly procedure that can affect your budget. There are several ways by which we can decrease its cost.
How much does it cost to paint RV?
As we know, it is a costly procedure. The overall cost of two to four colors with exterior paint on RV varies from $5,000-$15,000 if a standard RV not longer than 30 feet. The cost of painting an RV depends on its length, contractor experience, quality of paint, and geographical location. The high cost involved much-needed preparation while painting RV. The cost of painting is further divided into different classes according to the print quality and time consumed.
6 Tips to decrease cost.
- You must repair your RV first if there is any damage either interior or exterior. Repairing damages can minimize the quantity of paint which results in lowering its cost. You can find a shop near you, from where you can get help to repair the damaged portion of your RV. You can save money by repairing it first then it goes for a paint job.
- You can choose multiple colors which will help you to decrease its cost. The benefit of choosing multiple colors is the use of less color to paint. More colors increase the quantity for RV rather than just one color. This can save your money at the end of a painting job.
- You must hire a professional contractor for painting the RV. Only a professional knows what is best and how can you save your money. He will guide about the quality and quantity being used for painting.
- It is necessary to use the right equipment for a painting job. This will definitely cost less and your money will be saved.
- You can customize the look of your RV, it also helps you in decreasing its cost the customized look also changes its exterior as well as interior. You can upgrade the look for pinstriping or vinyl pieces instead of customizing it to save
- Avoid forgo graphics; it will definitely cost high if you customized your RV with it. To save your money at the end of the day, you must drop the idea to use forgo graphics.
Video Overview: How To Paint Over RV Wallpaper || RV Living || Renovations & Repairs
How to paint RV exterior Fiber Glass
RV exterior fiberglass can be painted by using the following steps;
- Pour the paint into the water pump
- Mix it well
- Try the paint on some other cardboard to check the perfect color
- Then paint the color on exterior fiberglass.
Make sure that paint will not damage any other thing near you while painting the RV.
Video Overview: Motorhome painting how to do it yourself without using rust oleum
How to paint an RV interior?
- Remove the entire interior inside RV like cabinets and other hardware.
- Cover those surfaces which cannot extract out.
- Start preparing the paint and clean the entire interior with Acetone.
- Cover your head, eyes, and face with a mask.it is highly recommended to use a 3m painting respiration mask while painting.
- Finally, the time has come after covering all the surfaces you can start painting the interior with a spray pump.
Video Overview: Painting the RV Interior for Our RV Renovation
Related Post: 45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer
RV Repainting Tips
Select the Right Paint
When repainting an RV it is important to choose the right paint based on the surface that is being painted. It is advised to put the primer down before painting anything. Primer is often used for the surface that is hard to paint. A person should speak to a professional so they know the right type of paint to use.
Before repainting the RV there is going to need to be some work done to get better results. There is some sanding that may need to be done or even a chemical stripper can be rented to help remove some old paint or varnish. This may seem like a lot of work but the paint job will look better.
Video Overview: How To Properly Prep Your Camper For Paint + sticker removal tips
Not only is quality painted needed but quality rollers and paintbrushes are also needed for the job. The bristles from the paintbrush can come off. Using better quality products will give the RV more professional-looking results.
> You may also like:Gas vs Diesel For Towing a Fifth Wheel?<<
Even if the paint is advertising that only one coat it needed be prepared to apply at least two coats. The paint may look thin and if it is covering existing paint more than one coat will be needed. At least a second coat will be needed.
It is important to allow plenty of time for the paint to dry. The primer is going to need several coats and then each coat of paint will take time to dry completely. When repainting an RV it may take several days for the RV to be completely dry.
Video Overview: OUR DIY CAMPER KITCHEN REVEAL | How to Paint Oak Cabinets in an RV | The DIY Mommy
When repainting or touching up the outside of the RV it is important everything is removed. This includes removing all decals and stickers. This will allow a person to get an even coat and they will have a more consistent paint job.
> You may also like: The Best Generator For Travel Trailers.<<