RV Painting Cost: 6 Tips to Decreasing It.
RV painting is a costly procedure which can affect your budget. There are several ways by which we can decrease its cost.
How much does it cost to paint RV?
As we know, it is a costly procedure. The overall cost of two to four colors with exterior paint on RV varies from $5,000-$15,000 if a standard RV not longer than 30 feet. The cost of painting RV depends on its length, contractor experience, quality of paint and geographical location. The high cost involved much-needed preparation while painting RV. The cost of painting is further divided into different classes according to the paint quality and time consumed.
6 Tips to decrease cost.
- You must repair your RV first if there is any damage either interior or exterior. Repairing damages can minimize the quantity of paint which results in lowering its cost. You can find a shop near you, from where you can get help to repair the damaged portion of your RV. You can save money by repairing it first then it goes for a paint job.
- You can choose multiple colors which will help you to decrease its cost. The benefit of choosing multiple colors is the use of less color to paint. More colors increase the quantity for RV rather than just one color. This can save your money at the end of a painting job.
- You must hire a professional contractor for painting RV. Only a professional knows what is best and how can you save your money. He will guide about the quality and quantity being used for painting.
- It is necessary to use the right equipment for a painting job. This will definitely cost less and your money will be saved.
- You can customize the look of your RV, it also helps you in decreasing its cost the customized look also changes its exterior as well as interior. You can upgrade the look for pinstriping or vinyl pieces instead of customized it to save
- Avoid forgo graphics; it will definitely cost high if you customized your RV with it. To save your money at the end of the day, you must drop the idea to use forgo graphics.
Video Overview: How To Paint Over RV Wallpaper || RV Living || Renovations & Repairs
How to paint RV exterior Fiber Glass
RV exterior fiberglass can be painted by using the following steps;
- Pour the pain into the water pump
- Mix it well
- Try the paint on some other cardboard to check the perfect color
- Then paint the color on exterior fiberglass.
Make sure that paint will not damage any other thing near you while painting RV.
Video Overview: Motorhome painting how to do it yourself without using rust oleum
How to paint an RV interior?
- Remove the entire interior inside RV like cabinets and other hardware.
- Cover those surfaces which cannot extract out.
- Start preparing the paint and clean the entire interior with Acetone.
- Cover your head, eyes and face with mask.it is highly recommended to use 3m painting respiration mask while painting.
- Finally, the time has come after covering all the surfaces you can start painting the interior with spray pump.
Video Overview: Painting the RV Interior for Our RV Renovation
Related Post: 45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer