How to Do Laundry When Traveling in an RV
In case you are traveling in an RV for some days, it’s very essential that you know the way about how you are going to clean your clothes during this journey.
Therefore, you must know several ways on how to do laundry when traveling in an RV. The following are some laundry options you can have when traveling on an RV:
1. Wash your laundry by yourself.
This is the cheapest option among all the options but the most time-consuming. Washing your own clothes just like other chores teaches you how to appreciate and utilize your free time. When cleaning your clothes, you must follow some procedures as follows:
- Begin by separating white clothes from other colored clothes.
- Pour warm or cold water in a basin then add some detergents and dissolve it and then add your clothes. Avoid putting so many clothes but leave enough space to ensure your clothes are floating freely.
- Soak the clothes for some few minutes.
- Scrub your clothes by rubbing them against themselves focusing on the clothes that are very dirty.
- Rinse the clothes with clean water, squeeze the water out of the clothes and then hang them on a cloth line.
> You may also like:45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer<<
2. Take your clothes to the laundromat for cleaning.
This option consumes less time when compared to washing your clothes by yourself. Some Laundromats especially those that have been upgraded are very exciting places since they have WI-FI and playgrounds where you can hang out together with your children. Laundromats usually charge according to the load of clothes that you have.
Since they are so many and big machines available in the Laundromat, your clothes can be washed at once and then dried at the same time.
3. Taking your clothes for laundry services.
Just like dry cleaning, you drop off your clothes for cleaning and then come later and pick them. You will pay for services such as cleaning, folding and ironing your clothes since they are all done before you pick them.
4. Clean your clothes using a wash bin machine.
You can choose to buy a washing bin machine which can either be electric powered or even elbow greased wash bin machine depending on your budget.
While using a wash bin, you wash your clothes and then place them in a salad spinner which dries most of the water out of the clothes through the spinning motion. This ensures that your clothes dry faster when you hang them outside. In some wash bins, you can wash your clothes in the same place as the place where they will be spun.
5. Use your RV washing machine.
This is a smaller machine while compared to the normal washing machine since it fits in the small space of your RV. It works just the same way with a washing machine. Add water, detergent and the dirty clothes in the machine then let it agitate them. After rinsing the clothes, it spins them removing water out of them such that they will dry when you hang them.
These are the options RVers can use to clean their laundry when traveling in their RVs. It depends on the option that is best for you when traveling.
> You may also like: Worst 5th Wheel Brands to Avoid <<