How much does it cost to have a 5th wheel hitch installed?
The cost of having a 5th wheel hitch installed on a vehicle can vary depending on if your vehicle is being towed by another vehicle or not. The average cost for towing is between $1,000 and $2,200. If you are going to tow the trailer alone, then the price can be as much as $3,200.
Many factors can affect the cost of the installation including:
- The overall length of the fifth wheel hitch is installed.
- Whether or not the vehicle is new or used.
- Your area’s cost of living.
- How experienced and qualified your mechanic is.
- Reputation of the company you go with to have it done.
- Whether or not you get it towed.
- The review that the company enjoys.
In a lot of cases, the installations are not too difficult. However, there is a big difference between an experienced mechanic and one who isn’t. There’s the issue of safety as well that needs to be considered. The reason why is because if something goes wrong during the installation process, you could easily be hurt or killed. This is why your best bet is to go with a company that has been around the block and knows what they are doing.
> You may also like:45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer<<
What You Should Avoid When Hiring a 5th Wheel Hitch Installation Service?
Things to avoid when hiring a company and/or an individual for installing a 5th wheel hitch on your vehicle include:
1. Cheap: The first thing you should avoid is going with the cheapest option available. While it’s always tempting to go with the cheapest option, you need to understand that when it comes to your vehicle, this isn’t a place where you want to cut corners. Instead, you want to make sure that your money is being spent on someone who knows what they are doing and will do the job right.
2. Bigger companies: The second thing you should avoid is going with a company that claims to be the biggest and best in your area. This statement might sound appealing at first; however, for most people, it’s not true. Instead of going with a big company that doesn’t have any reputation or experience, it would probably be best to stick with local folks around your area who have a good reputation for honest work.
3. Hesitant: The third thing you should avoid is going with someone who seems hesitant about the job. This means that they probably don’t want to do it or don’t know how to install a 5th wheel hitch correctly on your vehicle.
You may also like:Worst 5th Wheel Brands to Avoid <<
Video Overview: Shortbed 5th Wheel Towing – I saved over 200 lbs payload and $1000! Don’t buy before you watch this!
What Should You Look For When Hiring a 5th Wheel Hitch Installation Company?
What you should look for when hiring your 5th wheel hitch installation company includes:
1. Experience: Make sure that the company has experience of doing many jobs before. This is especially true if they aren’t in your immediate area. If they don’t have any reviews from others, then you should try to get them on the phone and ask questions. You want the company to be experienced and have many customer reviews for you to read over.
2. References: When meeting with a company, make sure that they have references available for you so that you can call them up later if needed. The best thing is if these references are local customers that you can talk to in person.
3. Good Reviews: Before choosing a company for your 5th wheel hitch installation, make sure they have positive reviews from their previous customers. The best way to do this is to search online for “5th wheel hitch installation reviews” and see what comes up. You should also check out their website and see if they have any customer testimonials available.
4. Upfront Pricing: Look for a company that is upfront about pricing and doesn’t give you the run-around. They should also be able to make sure that your vehicle has everything it needs with installation so you don’t end up paying even more later on down the road.
5. Locally Owned & Operated: A locally owned and operated business will have an easier time adjusting to your area’s cost of living as well as the experience in that region. Although this might not seem like a big deal at first, you may feel differently once things get started.
If you aren’t sure about how much it costs, then call around to local dealerships and auto shops in your area. Have them give you a quote for having a fifth-wheel hitch installed on your vehicle. This should give you a pretty good idea of how much it will cost you to get the job done.
> You may also like: Why America’s Most Popular National Parks Need to Be on Your Bucket List <<