How Long Do Camper Trailer Tires Last?
- 1 How Long Do Camper Trailer Tires Last?
- 2 What Leads to Deterioration of Tires?
- 3 What Effect Does Mileage Have on Camper Trailer Tires?
- 4 How Can Aging Be Decreased in Tires?
- 5 How To Do Proper Inflation?
- 6 How to find the Proper Tire For Camper Trailers?
- 7 How Do I Find the Correct Weight Load for My Tires?
- 8 Should I Use Radial or Bias Tires?
- 9 The Bottom Line
Among all the creation of God, a human has the most Dissatisfaction with what he knows and what he sees. so he always wants to see and know more and more and get enlightenment. And for almost all the humans love traveling the most.
Travelling was not easy in past. our ancestors have to use horses or similar animals to this to travel from one place to another. In time traveling became much easier as invented cars and upgraded its version. Now you can travel with all your family members easily by Camper trailer and have a great weekend. but like all good things, it has some hindrance as well. The tire-related issue is one of them. As the time goes by the tire has to face deterioration and it may even get punctured while you are on the way. so today we are gonna talk about how you can reduce this problem and can have a safe journey with your family and friends. Now I am gonna answer all the common questions that pop up in our mind before traveling.
What Leads to Deterioration of Tires?
On average most of the Camper trailer tires last 4 to 6 years but this number can vary from how frequently they are used are on which weather conditions they are used.
- If you like to visit the seaside the most then your tire will last on average 1 to 2 year or even less. Because salt water increases the corrosion constant and the sand damages the outer coating.
- In summer the air inside tires get expanded and so they have unbalanced pressure in the outer part and an inner part which sometimes even result in puncturing a tire if the heat is above 42 degrees.
- If you drive too long in the rainy season your tire will lose traction. As a result, you have to use the hard break to stop where you want Which will result in tire deterioration quickly.
- Every tire has a maximum weight limit. if you push it too hard then you will get the result.
What Effect Does Mileage Have on Camper Trailer Tires?
To describe this first you need to understand what mileage is. mileage means how much distance your engine can cover with per liter oil so mileage is totally dependent on the tire and makes a huge effect on it’s lasting. The more mileage your engine has, the more your tire has to rotate to cover more area by burning a small amount of fuel
When the tire rotates much faster, then you’re inside the tire get expanded. It results in losing tire traction and if this keeps going on for a long time, your tire lasting time will decrease to one third.
>> You may also like:Worst 5th Wheel Brands to Avoid <<
How Can Aging Be Decreased in Tires?
Aging cannot be stopped as it is the law of nature. but what we can do is to decrease the speed of aging. if we are able to do so we can save a lot of our money.
- Try to drive in regular speed.
- Use ST camper tires as they are made with good quality rubbers and have good pressure balancing system
- Try not to drive your camper in rough and rusty weather
- Before buying tire have a good knowledge on how much weight you will carry in your Camper. use this knowledge to buy a tire. if your caring more than regular weight then try to use a bigger tire with good rubber and traction
Video Overview: How old are my tires? // How to check tire age
How To Do Proper Inflation?
If you want to use your camper tire for longer than make sure you know proper inflation of your tire. as people sometimes think that giving maximum pressure when pumping will be good for it. But it is a complete misunderstanding between the customer and the engineer. it actually meant that the maximum pressure it can take is the amount that is written. so if you give maximum air pressure when you will drive in hot or at a high speed the increased temperature inside will expand the tire’s air and it will result in an explosion. So don’t fill it with the maximum amount. always keep 2 to 3 PSI gap.
Video Overview: RV Tire Inflation Tips
How to find the Proper Tire For Camper Trailers?
You have to keep a lot of things in mind when you are buying tires for your Camper trailer.
- There are many tires out there and each of them has different parameters. So before buying make sure what kind of location you like to travel the most. and buy tires that feel this requirement.
- If you are carrying heavy loads with you then try to buy bigger tires. It will last two times longer than the smaller one.
- Before buying Tires keep in mind of your engine mileage. If you have higher mileage then buy tires with good and strong rubbers.
Video Overview: What is the Correct Way to Determine Proper PSI for RV Tires?
How Do I Find the Correct Weight Load for My Tires?
The best way to find The correct weight load for your Camper tire is by checking if index. every tire has a number written on it. it is called the tire index. By matching the number with the index you can find approximately how much weight your tire can take. that doesn’t mean that your tire on is able to carry more. but if you carry more than the given value, it will last only 1 to 2 year. so make sure you check the index before buying or traveling.
Should I Use Radial or Bias Tires?
No,w this is the most common question that basically popup in our mind before buying camper tire. actually, the answer totally depends on your trailer. If you are having quite a hard time controlling your trailer as if your rig tends to sway then it would be perfect for you. It will also help you if you are planning to carry heavy weights.
Video Overview: Bias vs Radial Tires
The Bottom Line
So wait no more and by what tires you need for your campfire and enjoy your moments with your friends and family.
>> You may also like:45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer<<