Top 10 Best RV with Bunk Beds for the Kids.
A road trip is definitely one activity that would serve to excite us at any given time. In essence, it provides you a route to be able to escape albeit for a period or take a much needed and recommended break from the daily struggles.
If you have a family that is large it is important that necessary arrangements are made to enable your family road trip to be as comfortable, relaxing and memorable as possible. It is important that every member of the traveling family has their space and most importantly kids.
Subsequently, here is a review of some of the best RV with bunk beds for kids. The list is populated after considering a number of factors including floor plan layouts, space, features and the number of people who have asked about the RV with bunk beds and even bought them.
This RV is considered family-friendly and it is spacious and the GVM (gross vehicle mass) is 16000-18000 lbs.
- 6 Floorplans for catering for different family needs and the length is 27-33 feet.
- An electric/gas refrigerator which is spacious for stocking a number of your favorite refreshments.
- A full entertainment system for all your outside or inside entertainment needs.
- Shower with skylight and glass door and have that spacious feel.
Video Overview: 2018 Jayco Alante 31V Class A Gas Motorhome with Dual A/C System
This type of RV with bunk beds is also great because of its creative design and of course the innovative floorplans. There are also a number of models available that you can choose from including Challenger 37LX. The main benefit of the challenger models is that they come with sleeping options that are great.
- 6 different floorplans suitable for various family needs. The GVM is 22000-24000 lbs. and the length is37-38 feet
- Interior ceiling height is 82″ which gives you that spacious feeling.
- An electric fireplace that would come in handy during those chilly days/evenings.
- TVs available in the living areas and of course in the bedroom.
- Cabinetry is well furnished.
Video Overview: 2018 Thor Challenger 37KT | Class A Motorhome – RV Review: Camping World
3. Coachmen RV Mirada
Often when you are going for road trips with motorhomes it means you will have to sacrifice all or some of the comforts of your home. With this type of RV with bunk beds, there is a minimal sacrifice to be made. There are a number of bunks and bunkhouses which gives you many options for packing and for quicker packing.
- 4 different floor plans. The GVM is 20500-22000 lbs. and the length is 31-36 feet.
- 2 slide outs enabling the spread out of the room.
- Double door refrigerator (8 cu. ft.) for safe storage of your favorites.
- Outside entertainment is available courtesy of the 32″ TV and DVD.
- Serta mattresses for cozy sleep time.
Video Overview: 2018 Mirada RV Review by Coachmen Representative
Forest River RV Georgetown 3 Series
This motorhome is designed to enable every member of the family to have maximum fun including for you to have adult fun. The furniture is comfortable and the bathroom and the kitchen are both great.
- Offered in 3 floorplans, sleep(4-6) and the Length (26-31) feet for the family use. The GVM is 26-31 feet.
- Possible to prepare favorite family meals with the 3-Burner cooktop using the oven.
- A 6-gallon water heater which comes in handy if you don’t like a cold shower.
- Beauflor® vinyl floor covering which enables easy cleaning and it is also durable.
Video Overview: 2018 Forest River RV Georgetown 3 Series 31B3
This RV with bunk beds is often marketed as one for elegance. There is enough space and comfort for the traveling party and of course not forgetting a number of amenities incorporated such as outdoor shower and fireplace among others.
- 7 floorplans, the GVM is 22000-26000 lbs., Sleep (2-7) and Length (33-38 feet).
- 2 door refrigerator for storing your family’s favorite snacks.
- 3 burner cooker with oven for preparing favorite family meals away from home.
- Great entertainment system is suitable even on rainy days.
Video Overview: NEW 2017 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36UA | Mount Comfort RV
Gulf Stream Conquest Class C 63111
The RV comes with a kitchen that’s furnished with a refrigerator, a micro, a built-in sink and a dinette area that’s conveniently joint and compounded with a mini-lounge.
Newmar Bay Star 3419
Fleetwood Bounder 36D
Jayco Redhawk 31XL
Coachmen Leprechaun 310BH Ford 450
Best Bunkhouse Trailer under 30
Related Post: 45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer
RV related Questions (FAQs)
How do I make my RV bunk bed more comfortable?
For most people, having a full-time adventure or heading for the RV holiday is fun. It gives you ample time to relax. One thing that contributes to this is sleeping on a comfortable bunk bed. Forget about those uncomfortable and restless nights spent turning and tossing! There are various tips on how you can make your bunk bed more comfortable.
First, you can use mattress toppers. This offers you an excellent way to add comfort and much-needed padding to your uncomfortable RV bunk beds. It may be somewhat expensive, but the level of comfort and relaxation that these mattress toppers provide is worth it. They feature different sizes. Choose the one that will meet your expectations.
Additionally, you can use foam pads. Many bunk beds in RVs feature a plywood base, which is extremely uncomfortable. Plus without the presence of the squared box mattresses, everything will look boring. One inexpensive and superb trick is to apply handy foam underneath your mattresses to ensure an extra layer of comfort.
Can you sleep in an RV while moving?
First, the US Highway Code advises all passengers in a car or RV to fasten and apply their seat belts whenever the car is driving. Therefore, the number of passengers inside the RV should be equal to seat belts and no exceeding. It isn’t safe to sleep while moving. In fact, it isn’t legal to sleep while driving or moving an RV or any vehicle. However, a passenger or your kids can sleep in any car while you’re or someone else is driving. Always be awake while driving.
What is the best RV for a family of 4?
Are you considering a perfect RV for a family of 4? You, your wife, and your two kids. It can be fun purchasing an RV, but there exist many models and makes of RVs. At times, the selection can be daunting and overwhelming. First, define your intended use before making a buying decision. If you’re a weekend warrior or RV fanatic, choose a model with a floor plan. You must consider the overall living space, size, and sleeping arrangements.
For your family of 4, the best RVs could be Class C Motorhomes. They are nearly similar to Class A RVs. For overall size, Class C Motorhomes tend to be less roomy and shorter than Class A. For a family of 4, this type is perfect because it has enough space and storage. Also, they’re less expensive. Good examples of Class C include Coachmen Freelander 31BH and Forest Forester 3041DS. The models have one bedroom, cabinets, spacious bunk, private sleeping options, thus a fine choice for my family of 4.
What size are RV bunk beds?
RV bunk beds have their own size or dimensions that make them fit well with the twins. However, the size depends on the layout/arrangement of the camper. Mostly, the size ranges from 28 by 75 t0 35 by 75 inches. These are very common in family-friendly RV trailers like Jayco travel trailers. I once had a Jayco trailer and liked it! The right size will offer more stability, conformability, and maneuverability.
> You may also like: Why America’s Most Popular National Parks Need to Be on Your Bucket List <<