Average Camper Weight: 20 Most Popular Examples
So how much on average a camper weight?
On average camper trailer weighs around 2,300 kilos, without the tanks are filled and it has no gear in it. If you want a total weight with gear and all tanks are full, you can add 700 kilos so total average weight will be around 3000 kilos.
Here is a list of the most popular camper models and how much they weigh:
- 2015 Jayco Jayflight 19RD (19 feet) – 3,715 pounds without gear and water
- 2017 R-Pod RP-176 (17 feet) – 3,786 pounds without gear and water
- 2017 Coleman CTS192RDWE (23 feet)-3,974 pounds without gear and water
- 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26RKS (26-foot)-5,605 pounds without gear and water
- 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 27RLS (27-foot) – 6,030 pounds without gear and water
- 2016 Jayco Jay Flight 38BHDS (38-foot)-7,690 pounds without gear and water
- 2017 Cherokee West 274DBH (32-foot) – 7,705 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17BH(17-foot) – 3,090 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Jayco Hummingbird 17RB(20-foot) – 3,117 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS(34-foot) – 8164 pounds without gear and water
- 2019 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB(27-foot) – 5295 pounds without gear and water
- 2019 Grand Design Transcend 27BHS(32-foot) – 6770 pounds without gear and water
- 2019 Forest River RV Wildwood 27REI (33-foot) – 7715 pounds without gear and water
- 2019 Forest River RV Wildwood DLX 353FLFB(39-foot) – 8814 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL (22-foot) – 3685 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Salem FSX 187RB (22-foot) – 2944 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range OT310BHS(34) – 9490 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Roamer RT292RLS(35-foot) – 8285 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Dutchmen RV Aerolite 2133RB(26-foot) – 5620 pounds without gear and water
- 2018 Keystone RV Cougar X-Lite 33MLS(36-foot) – 8040 pounds without gear and water
Video Overview: Understanding Tow Rating and Towing Capacity | Pete’s RV Buyer Tips
Water and Gear Weight
- An average trailer the freshwater tank will add nearly 400 pounds to the weight of your trailer.
- You can add another 400 pounds of camping gear, food, and kitchen supplies.
>> You may also like 12 Best Waterfront RV Campgrounds: You Need to See. <<
Slides and the Weight of Your Camper
- A single slide-out often adds 800 pounds to the weight of the travel trailer.
How Construction Type Affects Weight
There are two different ways to build a camper trailer.
- The first way is with fiberglass construction. This type of camper has aluminum metal structuring which is significantly lighter weight than traditional.
- The second way is with aluminum corrugated siding on the outside. These trailers are usually about 900 pounds heavier.
Understanding the Listed Numbers
- Unloaded vehicle weight – This is the weight of the camper itself with no water or gear. Just the trailer.
- Gross vehicle weight – The total weight of the trailer, fuel tanks, and an average load of gear. This is the maximum amount that the trailer could possibly weigh.
- Dry hitch weight – The weight put on the trailer ball of your towing vehicle and the trailer is unloaded with gear and water.
- Cargo carrying capacity – This is the maximum amount of gear and stuff that trailer can be filed with.
Video Overview: Can you really tow your RV safely? Know your numbers!
>> You may also like The Best Generator For Travel Trailers.<<
Towing Your Trailer – Determining the Towing Capacity You Need
When you are in search of a new truck to handle your towing plus hauling needs, it’s significant to acquire a model that could handle the heaviness of your trailer.
Whether you require being capable to tow the boat while going up to the lake this summertime or have a big RV or horse trailer, it is significant not to miscalculate your towing requirements, or you might do serious injury to your truck. In case you were doubting how much does a trailer weigh, we have put together this post discovering the topic.
How much towing power do I requisite?
Most cars proffer a maximum of around 2,000 pounds of pulling power (however be sure toward check your manual to be certain your model could handle even that much), while a car like a Ram truck would have an adjustable towing capacity dependent on whether it is a light-duty otherwise heavy-duty model, whatever powertrain it features, plus whether the driver is using a straight trailer hitch or gooseneck otherwise 5th wheel trailering (which could haul a lot more).
Light-duty models usually start by around 4,000 pounds of pulling, whereas models like the 2017 Ram 2500 could tow up to 17,980 pounds while correctly equipped.
Commercial customers looking for spectacular trailering choices might want to choose a chassis cab model which could tow more than 30,000 pounds through select engines plus axle ratios.
The finest way to attain appropriate tongue heaviness is through allocating the mass of your cargo. If you put further weight ahead of the trailer axis, you would create further tongue weight.
If you place additional weight behindhand the axis, the tongue weight would drop. A decent figure toward track is 60% in facade plus 40% behind, except otherwise identified through the trailer producer.
If you have too ample tongue weight, your tow rig might not be as receptive as it would be. If you do not have sufficient tongue heaviness, your trailer might be more probable to sway. Continually follow the tow car and trailer builder’s directions for tongue heaviness.
The Average Weight Of a 30-foot Camper
A 30-foot camper can weigh up to 5,200 pounds and you can add up to 1,500 pounds to it.
- 2015 Coleman camper 30-foot trailer
- 2011 keystone sprinter 30-foot trailer
The Average Weight Of A 32-foot Camper
- 2017 Cherokee West 274DBH 32 foot long box
- Hornet travel trailer 32-foot trailer
The Average Weight Of A Popup Camper
The average weight of a popup camper is 600 pounds.
- Quicksilver 8.1
- 1996 Coleman popup camper
The Average Weight Of A Teardrop Camper
The average weight of a teardrop camper is 1,285 pounds.
- Tab model 320
- Tab model 400
Average Weight Of 5th Wheel Camper
- 2018 HEARTLAND PIONEER 276
- 2018 HEARTLAND PIONEER 322
The Bottom Line:
Related Post: First Time Travel Trailer Owner Tips, Beginner’s Guide.