50 Amp RV Generator: What is The Right Size For You?
Your recreational trips need not be limited by the amount of portable power you carry. You, however, need to know how much power your appliances require before you choose your desired power source. In this article, you will get all you need to know about the right size generator and specifically the 50 amp RV generator.
Generally, the appliances that require power include but are not limited to water heating, cooling system, and cooking appliances.
With this in mind, you need a power source that can accommodate all these appliances without compromising your generator’s power supply and its mobility. This means that you need to know the power usage of all your appliances and even better, how many you can run at a go. Here is a review of some of the best generators in the market. Here we look at their performance, quality, and portability.
3000w RV generators
- Run Time:up to 10 @ 1/4 Load
- Running Amps 21.7A
- Clean and instant power to keep appliances and other important electronics running during a power outage, 30545s engine speed reduces noise, fuel consumption, and emissions
- Quieter than a traditional camping generator with enough power to start a standard RV air conditioner
- 1.5-gallon fuel tank for an impressive 10-hours of continuous operation at 25-percent load on a full tank. Engine Displacement (cc) – 171
- (4) household outlets (1) 12-volt 30-amp locking outlet with RV adaptor DC charging outlet and a USB port
- 2-year limited warranty
- Can not be shipped to the state of California
This type of 50 Amp generator is perhaps the quietest you will find in the market. This inverter generator provides 3000w starting power with 2800 continuous. The brand name, Briggs & Stratton, assures you of its quality although this also comes at a high cost. This small generator is a good purchase if you are keen on fuel efficiency; With its eco mode feature, it can rev up and easily slow down depending on how much load it carries. It does not come with a remote starter but has a separate wheel kit that eases movement. Being CARB-compliant, the Honda EU3000is meets strict emission standards and is widely approved.
Video Overview: How to survive with only 30 amps in a 50 amp RV
- The Boost Control Unit (BCU) senses when extra power is needed and boosts output for up to 10 seconds
- The sound absorbing material, used in key locations, does not resonate sound. Newly designed muffler and molded fan produce an unbeatable noise reduction
- Greater fuel efficiency and noise reduction by automatically adjusting engine speed to match the load
- Continuous operation for up to 19 hours without refueling
- Recharge 12-volt batteries for RV, auto, or marine, etcetera
This type of generator comes with a starting power is a 3000w and continuous power of 2800W. What sets it apart though is it comes with an extra 500w boost that lasts for 10 seconds. This however only works with fully charged batteries. The Yamaha EF3000iSEB is slightly heavier than the Honda EU3000iS, but it also comes with a set of wheels to ease movement. It is high on fuel efficiency and comes with an adjustable option for the engine speeds.
Two 2200w RV generators
- Quiet, Compact, Easy to use. AC rated output running Watts: 1700, AC maximum output starting Watts: 2200
- Truepower technology provides clean, stable power ideal for sensitive electronics, tools, and appliances while the 1.2-gallon fuel tank allows 10.75 hours of run time at 25% load
- Built-in handle makes it easy to transport and the integrated OFF/RUN/CHOKE knob simplifies startup procedures
- The economy mode provides excellent fuel economy and noise reduction while the LED status lights alert you on low-oil, overload, and power
- Parallel ready allows you to connect 2 inverters together for twice the power (parallel kit model 7118 sold separately)
A good example of a 2200W RV generator is the Generac 7117 GP2200i 2200 Watt that powers at 2200W and runs at 1700W. This type of generator is light in weight, bragging less than 50 lbs and therefore ranks high on portability.
Video Overview: How to Choose a GENERATOR for RV Camping
- 6,300 Watt Maximum AC Output/5,500 Watt Rated AC Output
- Pure Sine Wave (Pulse Width Modulation) Inverter System – Run electronic equipment, appliances, variable-speed power tools and computers.
- Smart Throttle – Automatically adjusts engine speed to match power demand, reduces noise, fuel consumption and engine wear.
- Wireless Remote Control (optional) – Start and stop the generator from up to 66 feet away.
- Power Meter – See how much power is being used and how much power is available.
Compared to the rest, this type of generator offers extra power, starting at 4500W and running at 4000W. This, however, ranks low on portability as it weighs above 190 lbs. Unlike other generators, this comes with an electric start. Examples of this type of generator are the Yamaha EF6300lsde and Honda EU5500is. They may rank high on a power supply, but their high cost makes them the least favorite.
While there are several options of 50 Amp RV generators to go for, the best kind are those that satisfy the key elements; quality, fuel efficiency, and portability.
>> You may also like:45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer<<