15 RV Essentials: What You Need to Buy After You Buy a Camper.
- 1 15 RV Essentials: What You Need to Buy After You Buy a Camper.
- 2 Sewer hose sewage tracks
- 3 Drinking water hose
- 4 Water filter
- 5 50 AMP to 30 AMP Plug
- 6 30 amp extension chord
- 7 Mattress toppers
- 8 Leveling blocks
- 9 Water pressure regulator
- 10 Hose connectors
- 11 First aid kit
- 12 Bed sheets
- 13 A quiet generator: Champion 75537i
- 14 Walkie-talkies
- 15 Hampers
So, you bought your brand-new RV. It has all the basic needs you need for a long travel ahead. You packed all the necessary tools you need that doesn’t include in the RV. But, are you really sure that’s all you need? Here are 15 RV essentials you may not know.
This is an essential tool for any RV. You don’t want a full toilet, now would you? This tool will help on all your disposing needs. This will make sure you are traveling without a stinky toilet or a backed up one. So best buy these and be safe.
Next would be a drinking water hose. This is pretty self-explanatory, many if not all have great plumbing in their RV’s but in most cases, their hose is soaked for a really long time in the display. So replacing one is pretty common.
- Inline Design and Higher Flow Rate- Water filter stays aligned with a water hose during use and has a wide body for higher capacity and flow rate.
- One Filter Per Camping Season – Can last an entire camping season and has Granular Activated Carbon to provide safe drinking water from any potable water source. Made in the USA and is CSA certified.
- Built-In Filter Removes Bacteria, Carbon, and More- Reduces chlorine, odor, contaminants, sediment, and particulates for better taste and healthier drinking water. 20-micron sediment filter greatly reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine and sediment in drinking water, perfect for use at campsites. Extra Filtration with the Use of GAC and KDF Technology- Uses a KDF Fluid Treatment for filtration. Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a high-purity copper-zinc formulation that uses a basic chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction) to remove chemicals that give unpleasant odors or tastes to water such as hydrogen sulfide and chlorine. KDF also prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria, and mold when the filter is not in use.
- Includes 2 water filters (flexible hose protector sold separately)
- Multiple Uses- Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, washing cars and much more!
When you get your hose, you can now install it in your water filtration system. This will ensure clean drinking water every time guaranteed.
If your RV has outlets with 50 amps and you need 30 amps. This will be a lifesaver. This will allow you to convert any socket to a 30 amp one and be assured no short circuits will commence and no fire will start inside the RV.
This is practically another socket for your RV. This will give you more sockets and more leverage because of the length of the chord. Just note that overloading a socket is really dangerous and should generally be not practiced. It can cause fires and electrocution.
- 2-inch premium memory foam mattress topper backed by a 3-year warranty
- Ventilated to increase air flow for a soothing sleep temperature
- LUCID memory foam formula offers superior comfort and pressure relief
- Open cell technology prevents lasting body impressions; CertiPUR-US certified
- RV Queen (Short Queen) mattress topper measures 60″ x 75″
An RV sure comes with its bedding, but it doesn’t have a change of sheets. So, it’s best to bring replacements and rotate linens often for hygiene.
Not all RV’s are equipped with its own leveling system, so leveling blocks are important. This will allow you to park on slopes and be assured that you will sleep that you are like on a flat surface. Just make sure you take your time on leveling for a better experience.
This is important for the toilets. Does nobody want to take a shower with a low water pressure that it practically drips like a faucet, right? And nobody likes a bidet with extreme water pressure that it blows stone cutting water on your bottom.so a pretty good water pressure regulator is a good idea.
This is pretty standard, because when in a camp or in a trailer park. You need a hose connector to connect your hose to the camp water supply to replenish your own. This will also allow you to clean the RV and all sort of stuff. Just buy a couple sizes for good measure. Not all faucets are made the same so it better to bring something that can fit.
Should contain the standard bandages and gauze, cotton, burn ointment, band-aid, alcohol and an array of over the counter medicines just to be sure. it’s better to have one and don’t need it, then to need one and don’t have one in the RV. It can save lives and limbs if you know what you’re doing.
Standard linen for beds and replacement pillow cases. Just to make sure you rotate what you use and don’t let it smell like a gym locker.
- Wireless Remote Start – Included key fob allows you to start and stop your generator from up to 80 feet away
- Convenient electric start with 3-position ignition switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot
- Frequency: 60 Hz. Clean Power for Sensitive Electronics – RV Ready with a 120V 30A RV, plus two 120V 20A household outlets with clean electricity (less than 3% THD) and 12V DC outlet with dual USB adapter
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 58 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3100 starting watts and 2800 running watts with up to 8 hours run time at a 25% load
- Champion Support – Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Let’s be honest. In an RV, you need lots of power. And that power cannot be supplied by your vehicle alone. So, it’s best to bring a silent power generator for everyday use. A silent one so that you can sleep at night and your neighbors too. Trust me, a generator can create so much noise you won’t even feel sleepy. So, get one that is quite enough.
Video Overview: Champion 75537i “RV Ready” 3100W INVERTER GENERATOR (with Remote Start)
When a cell phone reception is letting you down, a radio frequency will shine bright like a torch on a dark night. On a campsite or in a trailer park. Whenever you need to separate with your group just bring one. It will really help on communication and it’s easy to use.
If you want a clean RV, first you must separate the clean laundry from the dirty one. Thus, a hamper is a great idea to bring. This will allow easy storage and transport of any soiled clothes or linen and be sent to a laundry or do it yourself.
Related Post: 45 RV Accessory Must-Haves for Your Travel Trailer