Full Time RV Living: 8 Questions Everyone Asks About
Full-time RV living creates room for people to ask tons of questions that can be pretty easy or really difficult to answer. The questions that everyone frequently asks include:
1. What are the costs incurred while living in an RV full time?
2. Is it possible to live in an RV full time in a park and how much does it cost?
3. What are the best RVs to live in full time?
- Class A motorhomes are large busses fitted with luxurious finishes and slide outs that increase the spaces once extended outwards.
- Class B motorhomes are vans that are customized by raising the roof or extending the backs to resemble a coach. This increases the space in the RV.
- Class C motorhomes are the smallest and the most inexpensive to maintain. They are fitted with a front engine and basic amenities for RVers.
b. Fifth Wheel Trailers
c. Travel Trailer
4. What are the 5 most important full-time RV living tips?
Plan a budget.
Create a checklist
Get the right RV
5. How do you get mail, Internet?
If you want to get your mail on the road you can use a company like Escapees to help you with that.
The best way to have internet in almost all 50 states is to have an unlimited Verizon plan so you can tether from your phone.
Wifi is available in the most camping parks but can be very slow. If you want to work or you need fast internet you should invest in a cell booster. It is very helpful in places with low signal. I use WeBoost cell booster and it makes a big difference.
Video Overview: How to get Mail & Internet while RVing Full Time
6. Can I live in an RV in my own land?
- Reduced bills as there are no electric and sewer bills
- Offers security and privacy as there are minimal interference and interactions with outsiders and strangers.
- Taxes paid are significantly reduced as you do not pay any taxes for your RV.
Despite the benefits, the disadvantages of living in an RV on your own land include:
- You get to pay taxes for your land and it becomes costly in the long run
- It can be a source of insecurity if the RV is located far away from other people or towns.
- It adds extra costs if you connect to electricity, water, telephone, and internet.
7. What does one need to know when living in an RV during winter?
8. What is my favorite place to visit?