5 Best 5th Wheel Gooseneck Adapters
What is the Gooseneck adapter?
If you are stuck and need your vehicle to be towed, then your ultimate solution is Gooseneck trailer hitch. Nowadays, there are several kinds and shapes of Gooseneck trailer which you can choose depending on your particular circumstances, need and desire.
Some of the gooseneck adapters can be attached to your gooseneck ball or can be attaching by using the ball hole of your gooseneck hitch in your vehicle. We take a deep look at various types of wheel goosenecks and only to let decision making to which type you will need into your own hands depending on the situation you are in.
Determining the Right Height for Gooseneck Adapter:
The adapter which must be fit around and can be attached to the kingpin plate must be at the right height. Hence you can tow around your other vehicle securely. first thing first you need to do is to measure your truck and trailer, measure from the kingpin plate to the top of the ball, the measurement that you get is the adapter height that you will need.
Video Overview: How to adjust your gooseneck trailer height
Here are the top 5 wheel gooseneck adaptors:
1. Hopkins 41157 Endurance 5th Wheel Wiring kit
- 7 Connector application for selected Chevrolet, GMC, Ford, Dodge, Nissan and Toyota models
- Reinforced 90-degree angled connector provides convenient and quick installation
- Exact OEM fit plugs directly into the manufacturer’s wiring system
- Retains operational function at the rear of the vehicle
- Available for most full-size trucks
It may form a wire but don’t be fooled by it as it has undeniable good quality. This gooseneck adaptor is compatible with Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Nissan, Ram and Toyota. This is easy to access and to operate. If you want to install, first, find a suitable spot to install the adapter then plug the wire into the bumper. This product retains 7 pole connector to use, it also made by an extremely durable ABS plastic and also enhances weatherproofing with internal seals, corrosion-resistant terminal and rubber-coated copper wiring.
Video Overview: Installing a Trailer Harness in the bed of my pickup.
2. CURT 16055 Bent Plate 5th Wheel Rail Gooseneck Hitch
- Allows pickup trucks equipped with 5th wheel rails to tow gooseneck trailers
- Mounts to all industry-standard 5th wheel rails
- Four-pin installation and removal for easy truck bed access
- Features a welded 2 5/16″ trailer ball with 3″ rearward offset
- Designed with built-in safety chain attachment slots
Curt 16055 Bent Plate is also a great idea Hitch if you are a traveler and loves to two one truck to another truck. By using this tool, you will experience the most well designed and problem-free rig. this CURT 5th wheel has four pins and clip attachment for solid installation and makes your work easier when you need to remove it.
Video Overview: Curt Gooseneck – Gooseneck for Fifth Wheel Rails – 16055 Review
3. EAZ Lift 48500 12 Gooseneck Adapter
- 12″ high
- Adapts a 5th wheel trailer to fit gooseneck trailer hitch
- Tow a 5th wheel trailer without a large hitch taking up the bed of the truck
- Easy to install
- Rated to 30,000 lbs
This adapter is able to connect most 5th wheel trailers to gooseneck trailer, hence it helps you to tow two vehicles into one easily. This amazing thing also features an automatic fasten couple for a simple hookup and also can disconnect it. It also has 30.000 pounds for the towing capacity and can be used to the vehicle in both 15 and 12-inch heights. Furthermore, it is easy to install along with some hardware that is needed for the installation process.
Video Overview: ReCurve Install How-to: R3 & R6 from Eaz-Lift
4. Convert a Ball C5G1216 Adjustable 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Adapter
- Towing capacity: 20,000 lb.
- Pin weight capacity: 4,000 lbs.
- Reduces bounce and vibration
- Minimal wear and tear on both trailer and vehicle
- Durable cast-steel construction
Using this convert a ball C5G1216 can transform your vehicle into a haul loader machine. This Convert a ball is strong enough for you even towing your other vehicle head for a long trip. other features in this machine are it is guaranteed to achieve the highest standards for the quality and durability, it is purposely designed with the highest quality design so people can set it for years to come.
Video Overview: Convert-a-ball Gooseneck and Fifth Wheel Adapters – Adapts Trailer – CAB-C5GX1216 Review
5. Andersen Manufacturing 3100 Universal Ranch Hitch Adapter
- Fits a 2-5/16 inch ball hitch
- 24,000 pounds GVW trailer and 6,000 pounds tongue weight
- Adjustable 11-3/4 inch – 14-3/4 inch
- Features a 3-inch vertical adjustment
- Kit includes all hardware for attachment to 5th wheel trailers
This Anderson Manufacturing 3100 Universal Ranch Hitch adaptor can convert the 5th wheel trailer with a gooseneck hitch. This machine kit includes any hardware for attachment, it is also easy to be installed, until remote release cable. One thing which must be remembered; this adapter is highly suggested to be installed in a static pin, not a moveable adaptor such as a cushion.
Gooseneck hitch vs 5th wheel: pros and cons
Gooseneck hitch and fifth hitch are the two types of arrangements that are used to tow heavy trailers and campers. To make you understand which one is better, we provide the Gooseneck hitch vs 5th wheel pros and cons.
Video Overview: Ultimate Gooseneck vs Fifth wheel hitch for RV showdown
Usage is either in terms of passenger towing capacity or for commercial purposes. If you are looking for a recreational purpose, then the 5th wheels are mostly used for towing RVs and camper trucks. Moreover, the fifth wheel offers a smooth ride to passengers. If it is for commercial purpose and towing heavy loads then gooseneck hitch works fine.
Video Overview: Should I Get a 5th Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch?
While a gooseneck can tow up to 30,000 pounds of weight, the fifth wheel has the maximum towing capacity of 24,000 to 25,000 pounds.